About

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen As Stylist for New Mamas

This is a weird picture to take with your sister.
I love me a good mall. Particularly on mat leave. In addition to just generally loving to shop (even window shop), it was a good excuse to get out, to meet friends, to get some exercise. Archer loved it too -- so much so that even last night as we were driving home from a friends house, we drove by Dufferin Mall and Archer lost his mind when he realized we weren't actually going in...

For reals.

But it's cold out and I'm still figuring out how we actually leave our house with two of them. We ventured out to Yorkdale yesterday and no word of a lie it took us like an hour and a half to get ready by which time, Archer was decidedly ready for a nap. By the time we got there, the trip was strictly restricted to our "must-do" list - returns, exchanges, etc. - i.e., no fun for me (well, it was still pretty fun but you know...).

And from a very practical perspective, I need a few clothes - particularly tops. I don't see myself getting out of my maternity pants any time soon (boo!) but the maternity tops ain't working for me already. Things hang where they shouldn't, they aren't particularly nursing friendly... not attractive my friends.

So how happy was I to discover StyleMint.com?

When I had Archer, online shopping in Canada was in its infancy. We were just able to order from US retailers like Banana Republic or the Gap and amazing sites like Dealuxe.ca didn't exist all. All great options now, but still a little pricey for my mat leave pay cheque.

StyleMint combines a bunch of my favourite frivolous pop culture icons (I already feel you judging me btw): Elle's Joe Zee, Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen and my favourite go-to style website WhoWhatWear.com, all wrapped up in a Columbia Music House record club business model.

Let me explain.

HudsonPacific

























For 29.99/month, you acquire credits to be used against uber-affordable, and super cute tops designed by MK & A, personally curated for you (based on a short survey) by the diminutive divas or guest stylists like Joe Zee or Katherine Power from WhoWhatWear (I'm sure they're totally just waiting on the other end of the internet to do this personally for me, right? :)). No tee is more than $29.99 (Canadians end up paying a little more because of shipping). And I'm just saying, their flowy shapes are perfect for new mamas. Here are a couple tops I found that I think will work well. Wear them over-top a little cami and they'll work great for nursing (use the old lift the top, pull down the tank trick).

I may hate StyleMint in a month because like Columbia Records, if you don't use your $29.99 or actively "pass" on an emailed style selection, your card will be charged. We'll see. But right now, totally fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment