About

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Friends don't let friends buy platform sneakers...


Hot or not?

In the next few weeks, I may be out shopping with you. It's an exciting time of the year for shopping -- fall fashion is in the air (thankfully, fall is not...).
Eluxe model. She looks hot. I will not.

When we are out shopping, I may raise the conversation about platform sneakers and whether I should buy a pair. They are, after all, all the rage right now... and when I look at sites like eluxe, I see pictures of cute models wearing said platform sneakers and think I can pull this look off - I mean, how practical, right? The comfort of a sneaker with the elongating elegance of a heel... 

DON'T LET ME DO IT!! 

I am not an eluxe model. And I am not 25. And I have calves that only a Ukranian baba could appreciate. It would be all sorts of wrong. And I will blame you if you let me do it.

You have been warned. As you were.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Adina - absolutely HIDEOUS!! Not to mention ridiculous! A girl showed up for a hike last year wearing platform sneakers and everyone had a good laugh! Well, except for her, since she was falling all over the place!

    Don't do it Christina! Just don't do it!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina walked up Diamond Head in Hawaii wearing platform sandals (to the amazement of everyone going up or down) ... just saying.

    ReplyDelete