About

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dear Archer

I wanted to write you a little note before the big day tomorrow - before your baby sister is born.

You are probably going to be a little mad at us at first and wonder what all the fuss is all about but I know one day soon, you are going to think this is all as cool and awesome as we do.

But before she comes home, I just want you to know how much we love you and how much joy and happiness you've brought to our lives since you were born to us 2 1/2 years ago.

You literally turned our lives around. We never thought we'd have you and when you came to us, never have we been so happy or grateful for anything. And even though there have been a ton of sleepless nights and some hard days here and there, having you as part of our family has been amazing and nothing that has brought us more bliss than you.

When I look back on the early days of this blog, I am reminded of how we travelled this journey together. I loved trying to figure it all out with you and as much as I have taught you, you have taught me much more -- how to be patient, how to work through impossible problems, how to enjoy day to day joys and at the risk of sounding too corny, how to love. And through it, we've had a lot of fun. As you get older, you won't remember this, but I will -- and I promise to do my best to show you my gratitude for this throughout your life.

It's early morning now, the day before you sister comes, and you're sleeping beside me in bed. Although it might be hard in the next few weeks, I promise you that there will be lots more mornings like this, lots more times to cuddle. The bed might just be a little more crowded!

We love you Archer and we can't wait to share in the next part of our journey with you.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

4 comments:

  1. Archer is one lucky little boy to have you two as his parents. His sister is going to adore him and look to him for protection and advice....well, maybe not until she's twenty....and he will be an amazing big brother, teaching her everything he knows. Just by reading this post, I know that there is enough love in your hearts to go around ten fold....<3<3<3 plus <3 more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad i can read this! You are very sweet to write all this....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep blogging! I love hearing what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Christina! This is a wonderful letter and you will have two lucky children.

    ReplyDelete