About

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fall Tote or Diaper Bag? Only you will know...


I am mildly obsessed with Lucky Magazine. Apart from winning a Nobel Peace Prize, or a Pulitzer, I also aspire to one day be chosen the "Lucky Girl of the Month". The Lucky Girl is *the pinnacle of a style icon in my mind. It's silly and as I write this, I think I have probably shared a little too much about my weird inner-workings, but dear reader, I am prepared to humiliate myself for you.


In this month's Lucky Magazine, apart from some great affordable inspiration for fall fashion (not too early to start thinking about fall, sadly), there is an editorial layout devoted to the bag for fall - the fall tote aka, a really big bag. Not like Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen-big-bag, but big enough to be fantastically practical. How great is this? Because as it happens, the tote will, of course, make a great diaper bag.


I bought an actual diaper bag when I had Archer but I look at it now and wonder what the heck I was thinking. I must have been sleep deprived. It's super lime green and girly. Not me at all. And when I look at what is available diaper-bag-wise, none of them really appeal to me. Too many flowers, and paisleys and swirls and the like. And just because you get a change pad included in what is otherwise just a normal bag, you end up paying through the nose. It really makes no sense at all.


So for fall, out with the old and in with the new.


The Lucky article focuses on nylon totes. You can see their choices, which are almost all out of this downtown mama's budget, here http://www.luckymag.com/shopping/2009/09/nylon_totes. Some great inspiration.


I have already seen several great totes for fall in the mall. The one featured above is from The Gap (which has a wicked pre-fall collection, btw) and is listed at $45. My favourite though is a grey faux leather studded tote at Spring Shoes - which is weirdly one of the most fashion forward shoe stores out there I think - for $40. It has the added advantage of having the option of extra long straps and silver loops that I can use to clip on to my stroller. There are even compartments that can be used for diapers or a bottle.
They don't have a picture of it on their website yet and quite frankly, I didn't even want to show it because you will love it and I want it all for myself!
I will never get to be a Lucky Girl with this attitude. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment