About

Friday, August 21, 2009

Yogalates on Demand

I'm not sure I'm picking this as a blog topic because I'm really interested in this or if I just want to say the word "Yogalates" again and again. It's a fun word. Say it. Yogalates (and for those who aren't familiar with this word - think yoga, think pilates and then put them together. Yogalates).

Anyway, I had every intention on going to the gym this afternoon but between the heat, the fact that our elevator is on the fritz and the fact that it is Fashion Friday on Cityline, I couldn't quite get out.

But then that "I'm not exercising, when I said I would"-guilt started setting in. What to do?

I used to have some exercise videos way back in the day. Over the years we had Jane Fonda, Kathy Kaeler, Billy Blanks... we had it all. We maybe used the tapes once or twice, but that's not the point.

And at some point... probably around the time we realized we were the *only ones who was still hanging on to our betamax (it was better than the VHS, really!).... we stopped getting the exercise tapes.

So, lo and behold when today I flipped mindlessly to our VOD channel and discovered that there is a whole plethora of exercise programming on demand. Even my good buddy Billy Blanks and his Tai Bo ways is there! And better yet, some of it is free. A great option for the DM who can't afford or get to the gym.

Of course, in case you haven't figured out, there is, indeed, Yogalates programming on demand.

Yogalates.

I started said Yogalates programming with Archer watching both me and the programming with a look of wonderment. I said I "started" the programming. Said programming came quickly to a halt when I realized me and my 12 weeks post-C Section body are no where near ready for Yogalates. I'm pretty sure you need to have some semblance of stomach muscles to do anything "lates"-related. Since I do not, I stopped the programming, got myself a fudgsicle and Archer and I are waiting for Fashion Friday to start.

But I know said programming is there for a future date and thought I would pass it on to you in case you are ready...

Oh btw, got an email today from Old Navy saying that there is a $3 t-shirt sale this weekend. Check it out if you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment