About

Monday, October 19, 2009

Best laid plans...

In case you haven't noticed, I'm big on planning. Some might say I'm a control freak even, but really, planning calms me. I like lists, I like agendas, I like taking notes, I like to know what's happening next - so much so that on Saturday, bright and early, I started to outline what I wanted to write about this week... I thought since Archer is getting bigger and busier and that regular daytime nap is still elusive (sigh...), it would help if I did some outlining, notes, while I had a little extra help from the hubby on Saturday.

So today I was going to write about my new fall DM resolutions. It was a good little piece. When I write it, I think you will find it quite helpful.

But you will not read it today because I am on my way to the doctors. As my Saturday went on, nursing became more and more painful. Like searing pain, people. And Sunday morning, I woke up feeling as if I'd been hit by a bus with flu like symptoms. Last night I went to be at 8 and was going back and forth between chills and hot flashes. And there was still the pain. The searing, searing pain.

It seems I have some sort of infection in the nursing area (I'm trying really hard not to get graphic here... but folks, it's bad).

Ugh.

And I guess this is nature's way of saying that when you are a new mom, you need to be able to relax and re-write your rules on the fly because while being a mom is no doubt a job, you can't really approach it in the same way as your outside the home job because whether it's your little boy or...ermm... your boob, being a mom is unpredictable and constantly changing.

Thank you, nature, for the knock over the head. I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment