About

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

H1N1-2,3,4

Yesterday when Archer and I were walking home from our music class, we saw Feist jogging down the street... it was weird in a way because you just don't expect to see someone like Feist in her sweats and rock n' roll tee running just like the rest of us (well, not me, but those rest of us who actually jog).

And weirdly, seeing this, had me focus on a bunch of things that I've been thinking about lately. I thought maybe Feist is like preparing for the next phase of her career - a new album, a world tour, something altogether new and different and jogging is her way of focusing and preparing for this.

And this (stay with me, people) made me think about where I'm at in my journey with Archer.

With thanksgiving over (a *wonderful weekend btw), the cold weather upon us and Archer reaching such new and different development milestones (rolling around, teething, not content with just sleeping and eating) it seems like a time for this DM to regroup and focus on the next phase and what this means and how I might do some things differently.

Like for example, Movies for Mommies has become a little more difficult to go to with Archer - he's not really quite as content sitting there with me through a 2-hour movie. So what kind of activity should we add to our schedule that will make sure I get out of the house in those cold (and yes a little depressing) winter months but will also stimulate Archer?

And there are all sorts of other things on my mind right now - like this crazy H1N1 stuff. What's the right thing to do? Do we change the way we do our activities and interact with others because of all of this or is it all just hype?

Finally, ugh, what about going back to work? It's not that far away (Feb) and I'm already seeing some other moms who I have been hanging out with make that transition back. It's made me focus on the fact that I really want to be sure that I capitalize on my remaining 1 on 1 time with Archer as fully as possible. The summer with him went by so fast!

So all of this to say... 1) yes, seeing Feist jogging really did stir all of this up (whatever, I'm weird that way) and 2) I'm going to stay offline for a few days while I refocus and regroup and think about what it is that I want to talk about and say in this next phase of my life with Archer.

Unlike Feist, I'm totally not going to do this while jogging but maybe I'll do this during some brisk walking with my main man.

See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Great, now what am I supposed to do for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete