About

Friday, September 4, 2009

Laugh while you can...


It occurred to me recently while catching up on my PVR'ed episode of True Blood - while nursing Archer - that this was probably the last season of True Blood I would be able to watch....
I mean, have you seen the show this year? I love it, don't get me wrong. But man, it is over the top. Seriously gory, violent, overly adult, if you know what I'm saying.... As I write this I wonder actually why I like it so much. But that's another column for another time. Or not.
Anyway, I digress.
The point is that while your little guy is a really little guy, you can get away with continuing on with watching regular old grown-up movies, tv shows, listening to your uncensored Jay-Z, without overly worrying that your damaging him for life. I mean, again as I write this, it occurs to me that in general I should probably read more than always watching movies, tv, listening to music but whatevs. I'll work on that.
But time is running out on the "I can pretty much carry on with my regular entertainment consumption" habits which makes me super happy that I just received an invite to an afternoon of comedy for new moms (and dads). Like, adult comedy. Not Barney or Dora comedy (can someone tell me, btw, whether kids still like Barney and Dora? Am I behind on that front?) Even the name of the event makes me chuckle... "Mothersuckers". As I would say to Archer (in a rather high-pitched unnatural voice), that's super hilarious.
Check it out if you can - we have to support stuff like this if we want more of it. It's on September 22nd at 1pm at the Comedy Bar at 945 Bloor Street West and is $10. It will be a stroller friendly event and promises to be in general "baby-friendly".
In the meantime, I'm going to work on a couple of jokes so I can strike up conversation with some new moms at the event... right now, this is what I've got: "So, did you hear the one about the baby who walked into a bar? Boy, did that hurt." Errmmm... yeah... I've got work to do.
Enjoy your long weekend y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment