About

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jennifer Hudson's Dress is Pretty & Feet



Ok, I'm not sure about the dancers behind Jennifer during her performance at today's MJ Memorial which I'm watching with Archer... are they doing sign language? Am I being insensitive? There is some strange circle dance happening around her. It's awkward. I'm just saying.


But props to Ms. Hudson on her wardrobe choice. She looks lovely and shows that it doesn't matter what kind of body you have, you can always look great with the right fashion choices. Take a look at the dress she's wearing online and note how the dress fits. www.mtv.com/news/articles/1615418/20090707/jackson_michael.jhtml

I'm a *huge fan of dresses right now with my post-baby body. But more about dresses in a future post(and oh, just read this... but didn't know while watching, JH is pregnant. Interesting).

But first thing's first. Feet. Shoes.

I have added 3 pics to today's post: 1 pic that represents my shoe of choice before Archer, 1 pic that represents my shoe of choice during pregnancy with Archer (thank you severe edema for having to resort to Uggs) and 1 that represents my choice post-pregnancy with Archer.



Yes, this is the pre-Archer shoe and yes, somehow I did manage to wear a shoe like this every day and convinced myself that it was comfortable. I still love these shoes (nude patened from Zara) and downtown mamas, don't throw shoes like this out now that you are a mom! Commit to wearing them on a night out with your hubby or your girlfriends (and of course also commit not to walk long distances when you go out).


Give your during-pregnancy shoes to Goodwill. Seriously don't wear Uggs, or Ugg look alikes or Crocs (yes, I had those too - seriously, my feet took on a life of their own at the end of my pregnancy and I literally had no choice...). These shoes are ugly and will make you feel bad about yourself and we can't have that now that we're downtown mamas.


My shoe of choice and one that is super affordable right now is the gladiator sandal. The ones I'm wearing in the pic above are from Urban Outfitters and they appear to be onsale right now for $29.99. http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&startValue=81&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=15613011&parentid=W_SHOES_SANDALS&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=93&navAction=poppushpush&color=&pushId=W_SHOES_SANDALS&popId=WOMENS_SHOES&prepushId=

Yes, some could argue that gladiator sandals are a bit Summer 2008 but whatevs. I think they're still super cute and they look good with just about everything.

If you don't have Urban Outfitters where you live, I note that Old Navy has some *great options for under $20. Check these out. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=34892&vid=1&pid=675424&scid=675424022. And yes, if you must ask, gold for day. For sure. No question.

No comments:

Post a Comment